Finished installing your new garage door? Here are some tips on garage door maintenance so you can avoid garage door repair.
Getting to Know your New Garage Door
Most people do not care much about their garage door. As long as it opens and closes, then it’s fine. However, there is a lot more about your garage door that you should know. And because your new garage door protects the contents of your garage—your car, old keepsakes, expensive tools, etc.—you should be more than interested about this topic.
Facts about Your New Garage Door
- New garage door materials are commonly made from steel though you can also find some doors that are made from high-density polyethylene and wood. A steel garage door is usually preferred over the types of doors because it is strong and durable.
- Non-durable garage doors are more prone to damage. Garage door repair can be expensive especially if most of the garage door parts need replacing.
- The best way to avoid costly garage door repair is to maintain your garage door well. The garage door parts that you might want to keep an eye on for proper maintenance are springs, hinges, and rollers. These garage door parts are crucial for the proper functioning of your new garage door.
- Garage door repair involving springs involves lots of work (basically why garage door repair becomes costly.) The tension on the springs should be released before any repair can begin. Garage door companies use C-clamp to hold the door in position while making adjustments and replacements.
- Hinges and rollers are often replaced altogether. It is not an easy task, too, and it typically requires professional help to get this job done.
Troubleshooting Common Garage Door Problems
Like other machines, garage doors also experience problems. After all, no machine is 100% efficient.
One of the most common problems encountered by garage doors is that it won’t open nor close despite manual and automatic attempts to troubleshoot it. If this happens to you, make sure you check your keypad first. Next, check if your garage door opener is functioning. If all else fails, maybe it is time to have your garage door opener reprogrammed.
The second most common problem is that the new garage door sticks when you open or close it. if this happens to you, check your garage door parts. More often than not, this garage door problem is due to rollers and hinges that need lubricating. You might also want to call a garage door repair man to check if the tracks are dirty, clogged, or out of alignment.
Trinity Garage Door Service, Inc. is one of Tampa’s most reputable garage door repair contractors. They have been serving these areas for years: 33543 Wesley Chapel , 33544 Wesley Chapel ,Land O Lakes , 34638 Land O Lakes , 34639 Land O Lakes , 33548 Lutz , 33549 Lutz , 33556 Odessa , 33558 Lutz , 33559 Lutz.